Business organizations, both public and private, are constantly challenged to innovate and generate real value. CIOs are uniquely well-positioned to seize this opportunity and adopt the role of business transformation partner, helping their organizations to grow and prosper with innovative, IT-enabled products, services and processes. To succeed in this, however, the IT function needs to manage an array of inter-related and inter-dependent disciplines focused on the generation of business value.
In response to this need, the Innovation Value Institute, a cross-industry international consortium, developed the IT Capability Maturity Framework™ (IT-CMF™).
This second edition of the IT Capability Maturity Framework™ (IT-CMF™) is a comprehensive suite of tried and tested practices, organizational assessment approaches, and improvement roadmaps covering key IT capabilities needed to optimize value and innovation in the IT function and the wider organization. It enables organizations to devise more robust strategies, make better-informed decisions, and perform more effectively, efficiently and consistently.
* An integrated management toolkit covering 36 key capability management disciplines, with organizational maturity profiles, assessment methods, and improvement roadmaps for each.
* A coherent set of concepts and principles, expressed in business language, that can be used to guide discussions on setting goals and evaluating performance.
* A unifying (or umbrella) framework that complements other, domain-specific frameworks already in use in the organization, helping to resolve conflicts between them, and filling gaps in their coverage.
* Industry/sector and vendor independent. IT-CMF can be used in any organizational context to guide performance improvement.
* A rigorously developed approach, underpinned by the principles of Open Innovation and guided by the Design Science Research methodology, synthesizing leading academic research with industry practitioner expertise.